Wednesday, January 9, 2008

back from hiatus

since last weigh-in: +1
total: -11

That +1 does not tell the whole story -- of how there was constantly food available at my in-laws' house (Christmas candy, Christmas cookies, fresh homemade bread, you get the idea), of getting home and back to our standard diet, and back into the habit of exercising. Weight-wise, it was a tumultuous two weeks.

And clearly, if the challenge had ended today as originally scheduled, I would be nowhere near my goal of losing 20. I probably would have been bummed, but now that we get to carry on till February, I know I still have a chance.

I wanted to review 2007 in a nutshell.
  • From Jan 2 to Dec 27, I went from 218 to 170, with my lowest weight of 167.5 peeking at me on Dec 22.
  • A year ago, I would never have posted my starting weight in a public forum.
  • In May, I discovered and joined the May Day Challenge, where I was introduced to many strong and determined people.
  • In June, I started following the Abs Diet plan, really changing my food choices and adopting an exercise program.
  • In September, my husband and I joined a traditional martial arts school to study Tang Soo Do.
  • In November, we tested for and earned our orange belts in Tang Soo Do
Overall, I'd say it was a good year. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Definitely a good year! I am glad that you have been hanging out with Tales for as long as I have too. It's been a good year and I want this one to be good too. Take care, that pound will come off now that the holiday stuff is over.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

That's a wonderful year! You'll have that 20lbs gone before you know it. It's establishing good healthy habits.
Path to Health