Wednesday, February 20, 2008

ups and downs.

Last week was an up week, so this must be a down week. Let me check.

week: -1.5
total: -13

Indeed.

I had to attend a professional conference last weekend. At the reception Friday night, I was literally surrounded by chocolate. Fortunately (?), we had gone out to dinner beforehand, and gotten properly filled up, but that didn't stop me from snacking. There was a plate of strawberries though, which I happily mixed in with the brownies.

It didn't stop, either, since at the conference center there were all sorts of coffee cakes for breakfast, snacks, coffee breaks, etc. I have to admit, I tried one of everything. So good, but so bad. We did Mexican at a local place for lunch, where I got a fish fillet instead of an enchilada, so at least I redeemed myself. And we hit the gym on Sunday, so the weekend was not a total wash.

This week, we have to attend our Tang Soo Do class more reliably than we did last week. Promotion testing is 8 March, and I'm a little nervous that I won't measure up this time.

3 comments:

Mom said...

As for promotion, just because they schedule it, doesn't mean you are mentally ready for it, don't be pushed into something that you aren't ready for, we have time... it's when people jump ahead that they get hurt.

I am glad that the scale went down even with the conference. That's hard being put with all that food I have had a couple of social eating episodes and they still throw me. We had a pancake breakfast at Church and I wasn't going to eat, I even ate before I left home. Then they told us that the state police had closed the county and that we all had to stay for who knows how long. So I ate. Sausage, french toast, syrup, danish. Damn. But it's over. Next time I am going to bow out of the pancake breakfast.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Congrats on the loss! It's hard when all of those temptations are around. Path to Health

ammo said...

well, mostly promotion testing emphasizes the promotion. It is supposed to be challenging, but I'm not expected to be perfect until I reach a much higher rank -- which is when the promotion tests really start to get spread out over longer periods of time (every eight months instead of four, for instance).

Besides, testing isn't for three more weeks. By then I will be more ready.

Pancake breakfasts and potluck dinners -- sometimes you just cannot escape them! :D