Tuesday, June 5, 2007

WEEK 4 WEIGH-IN

weekly change: -1
overall change: -5

In the last seven days, I:
kept track of food (portion size, calories): 7 days
exercised: twice
took a vitamin: 6 times (a new personal record)
drank water: 7 glasses and 5.5L (glasses are really plastic Mardi Gras cups usually, which I use when taking my vitamin or an ibuprofin)

The Good

I'm drinking plenty of water. Don't berate me about the water. 8 8-oz glasses is an excessive requirement, and the researchers who made that cryptic statement also said (and it gets lost in our sound-bite era) that a lot of this water is delivered to us in our food. So I think my daily intake is fine. At least it's not sugary soda (an old addiction of mine which I must constantly struggle against).

I'm almost taking my vitamin every day. It helps that I threw out the generic horse-chokers that my doctor originally recommended and went with the name brand, which is a slightly smaller pill.

The Okay

I only reached the gym twice. But still, I went twice and did good work, so that counts for something.

Where can I improve?

I'm trying to buy less pre-packaged food and make more use of fresh ingredients. It's hard for me though, because I'm no fan of vegetables mostly (dislike the textures, raw and cooked). Also, I'm not a wizard in the kitchen, but I'm determined to change that.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Congrats, you are doing great.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Good for you! Keep going!